Popular Airline forced to return to airport after engine catches fire


After an engine caught fire mid-flight, an American Airlines flight was forced to return to the airport.
On Sunday, April 23, the engine of an American Airlines Boeing 737 caught fire after colliding with a flock of geese about 25 minutes after takeoff in Ohio.

Flight 1958 from Phoenix returns to John Glenn International Airport in Columbus, with flames and smoke visible from the right engine.

The plane landed safely, and there were no injuries reported.

The jet took off from the airport at 7:43 a.m., but the engine caught fire less than 30 minutes later, forcing the plane to return and land at 8:22 a.m.

A passenger on the plane told NBC 4 that he and other passengers heard a loud clanking noise in the cabin and that the pilot told them they had hit a flock of geese shortly after takeoff.

After the plane safely landed, the passengers were removed and transferred to another flight departing later that morning.

Firefighters and airport security were seen putting out the engine fire and inspecting the plane in the aftermath.

The incident is being investigated by the Federal Aviation Administration.

The incident occurred just three days after another engine caught fire during takeoff from Charlotte Douglas Airport in North Carolina.

As the plane was speeding down the runway to take off, the wing of the Airbus A321 flight to Dallas was engulfed in flames. The plane did not take off, and the fire was swiftly put out.

The incident, which was described as a mechanical malfunction in the engine, left no one harmed.

-All Rights Reserved-
Permission to use any material, including text, still photograph, audio and video from this site is granted subject to permission being formally sought and, if granted, appropriate credit must duly be given to The News Room as the source.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!